Few affiliate program networks have made a name for themselves in the industry with years of experience and honest dealings. One such network founded back in 2000 has become quite popular among affiliate marketers for the wide range of products and services and ease of earning.
ShareASale connects over 4,000 merchants with affiliate marketers who promote their products or services. It gives an opportunity to brands from all over the world have a wide exposure and the affiliates can also look forward to earning attractive commissions.
The working is pretty much standard to what you withdraw expect from other legitimate affiliate marketing programs. However, to get the best results out of it all, you need to know how the program works.
You can sign up the platform in two ways-
• Merchants– These are brands and marketers looking to promote their products and services by paying commission.
• Affiliates– It consists of people like you and me who promote the links and banner of the merchants on our website to earn commissions. We will talk about how much you can earn per sale below.
There are two ways you can earn commission on ShareASale-
1. Pay per Sale
The payment from this scheme depends on the conversion of the traffic you redirect to the merchant website. If someone follows your affiliate link and makes a purchase from the merchant portal, you get rewarded with a commission. This program comes with a low conversion of sales but enables you to earn direct and high amounts of commission. We have seen better paying affiliate programs when it comes to sales commissions, to be honest.
2. Pay per Lead
The merchant is not looking forward to sell any products in this program; rather the payment depends on conversion of leads. Here the aim is to channel the customers to reveal information by filling up a form, surveys, sign up for free trials or to download some file.
If someone follows the link from your website and carries out the desired action, the merchant pays you back with commission. You can expect a lower payout but high conversion as the program doesn’t include the user to buy anything. We do like this novel idea, something you wouldn’t normally see in other affiliate marketing programs. And while the payment can seem low, it does add up soon.
Visit the ShareASale website and choose whether you want to sign up as an affiliate or a merchant. We are going to deal with affiliate account in this article so you should choose accordingly.
Fill out the signup form with all necessary details and submit it. Once your account is approved, you will get a mail from ShareASale.
ShareASale platform has numerous merchants which are leading global brands. You will find products and services from every niche and industry as per your preference. As you know as an affiliate marketer that it is best to go for merchants who are aligned with your niche.
For example, if you have a blog about football, you can look to promote sporting gears. Here’s how you pick a merchant on ShareASale-
• Sign in on ShareASale
• You can directly search for merchants using the “Search for Merchants” option under the “Merchant” tab or you can also look for merchants by browsing the categories
• Choose a merchant and click on “Join Program”
• The merchant will send you an email confirming your approval
You have to login on ShareASale first and then-
• Let your cursor sit on the “Links” tab to reveal “Get a Link/Banner”- click it
• The interface will display all merchant programs you have signed up for
• Choose “Get Links” to reveal complete list of banners, text links and other resources from the specific merchant
• Navigate to ‘Action’ column and choose “Get HTML Code”
• Copy and paste the code on your website
You can access the other tabs like banners, widgets and others from the same page. Just copy the codes and paste them on your blog as directed. The platform gives you several options to showcase the products like making galleries, pages and so on.
You must be aware of the technique if you are in the affiliate marketing business. Here’s the explanation-
• User clicks your affiliate link and gets redirected to ShareASale website
• The user browser gets a tracking cookie from ShareASale so that any purchase by customer can be linked with your account
• The user gets redirected to merchant website and you get commission if he makes a purchase carrying the tracking cookie with your affiliate link
The cookie stays in the specific user browser for 60 days so that any later purchase by the customer even from different affiliate links is identified with your account. As a result, you get paid commission as per agreement.
ShareASale offers affiliate marketers a chance to break out of the scams and frauds wrecking the affiliate marketing industry. You can take help of the user friendly platform to find a merchant according to your niche and start earning right away.
It is free to join ShareASale and you are also free to leave anytime without any concern of penalties. We can surely recommend it as an affiliate marketing program.
All the best,