What is Host Gator?
HostGator is a feature-packed web hosting service provider based in Houston, Texas. It has been in operation since 2002. At the peak of its acquisition by Endurance International Group in 2012, it had slightly over 200,000 registered domains. During that year Inc. Magazine listed it as the 21st fastest growing company in the United States and 1st in Texas. As of February 2018, HostGator boasts over 900,000 registered domains.
Besides web hosting, HostGator is among the renowned providers of reseller and shared VPS (virtual private server). Its shared VPS plans are one of the reasons why it stands out of the pack in the web world of web hosting.
A brief history of HostGator
The company was founded by Brent Oxley in 2002, then a Florida Atlantic University student. In 2007, the company relocated from Boca Raton, Florida to Houston, Texas. In 2008, it made the first appearance on Inc. magazine’s fastest growing companies at number 21. In July the same year, the company embarked on green hosting in collaboration with Integrated Ecosystems Market. An additional office was established in Austin, Texas in June 2010. In 2011, HostGator established its first overseas office by creating a data center in Nashik, India. On 21st June 2012, Brent Oxley announced the sale of HostGator to Endurance International Group Inc for $225 million.
HostGator Affiliate Program
Besides web hosting and providing VPS services, HostGator runs an affiliate program that has since grown to rival the industry leaders such as Rakuten and CJ Affiliates. Thanks to the company’s vast experience in cloud based services, they have extended their quality hosting and support in providing one of the most trusted affiliates marketing platforms on the internet. As a result, HostGator Affiliate Program has become an option for individuals who want to make money from both affiliate marketing and web hosting. It is possible to make a minimum of US$3,500 with HostGator’s affiliate program and end up paying just US$400 as hosting fee.
So what puts HostGator affiliate program among the industry leaders? It possesses qualities you would love to be in every affiliate program. Here are the factors that make HostGator attractive to online marketers:
Free Affiliate Membership – Marketers don’t need to have a preexisting hosting account to enlist with the affiliate program. It is open to everyone, free. But I would recommend you to use their hosting services as well if you have hosting needs. There are hordes of perks that come with it.
You can make up to US$125 Per Sale – Yeah; HostGator Affiliate Program pays US$50-US$125 per sale. But this depends on the overall number of the referrals. As it is usual with other affiliate programs, referring more clients means more commission. What sets HostGator affiliate program apart is the fact that their commissions are quite higher compared to those offered by other companies. Here is the reward scheme
1-5 per month …………US$50/Signup
6-10 per month……….US$75/Signup
11-20 per month…….US$100/Signup
21+ per month………..US$125/Signup
High Conversion Rate – HostGator is already one of the popular web hosting sites. Consequently, the conversion rate is higher than some of its closest rivals.
Excellent client and affiliate support – HostGator employ a team of dedicated affiliate support team to assist with any queries 24 hours.
Easy Payment Options – HostGator Affiliate Program offers more than one payment options with PayPal being the most flexible option on the list.
The company guarantees 99.9% uptime
A 45-day money-back is guaranteed.
Therefore, hosting at HostGator and marketing products through HostGator affiliate program is a win-win deal, you get commission and cheap high quality hosting services at the same time.
How do you make money from HostGator Affiliate Program?
You just need to do four things:
1. Own a website or blog – This is the platform you will use to promote HostGator affiliate links. Any blog or website can do but the higher the traffic it receives, the better. One good thing is HostGator pays less attention to the amount of traffic and quality of your website or blog
2. Sign up for HostGator Affiliate Program – Having ascertained that you have a website or blog, the next prudent thing to do is to sign up for free with affiliate program
3. Begin promotion – Now start promoting HostGator affiliate banners and links. Log in HostGator affiliate dashboard and to get your promotional materials. Place the contents at strategic locations (sidebars, posts) on your site
4. Earn money from the qualified sign-ups – Every time your referral signs up on HostGator website, you get credited with a commission on that particular referral. Commissions will be reflected in your affiliate account. You have a privilege of being able to maintain your affiliate account in real time.
Tips on how to earn more commissions from HostGator Affiliate program
Here is how to maximize your earnings on the platform
1. Promote their special day offers – HostGator Affiliate Program gives discounts during special days such as Black Friday, Presidents Day, Cyber Monday, etc. Take advantage of the increased interest by buyers promote more offers.
2. Write a review – write a review to share your experience with HostGator hosting services in case you’re their customer. An honest review without much promotional jargon is just excellent.
3. Use Banners on Sidebar/Header – This affiliate program has banners optimized for high conversion. Check them here: https://www.hostgator.com/banners
In case the niche of your blog isn’t related to web hosting, use smaller banners with text like Hosted by/Powered by
1. Create custom coupon then promote it – One of many advantages of HostGator affiliate programs is that you will receive the commission if a person uses your custom coupon codes regardless of whether that person is followed the affiliate link or not. Currently, you can create any of two offered coupon codes: the US$9.94 off for the 1st month and another for 25 percent off on the overall purchase.
While other affiliate programs boast vast merchant (brands/retailer) base, HostGator boasts a relatively large merchant base and registered domains. This makes the affiliate program exceptional as far as online marketing is concerned. The high commissions offered, optimized banners and easily reachable support team give me a good reason why I can recommend it to anyone that is keen on making money through online marketing. Besides, it is one of the few affiliate programs not to be mentioned on any scam list on the internet.
All the best,
If you enjoyed this post, you might want to check out these articles as well;
Wealthy Affiliate – Domains Made Easy
The GoDaddy.com Affiliate Program Review
Bluehost Review – The Inexpensive Web Hosting Provider for You