Every blogger or online marketer has the following goals – increase traffic, convert visitors like crazy and build an email list. Problem is, without the right tools, it can be difficult to build an effective mail list or even increase sales.
The best bit is, there is a tool you can use to create and maintain an active list of subscribers. This tool provides you with total control to drive traffic and even promote your business on social media. Want to know the name of this awesome tool?
Well, it’s called Sumo.
In this review, we share with you what is Sumo, its features, pros, cons and how it can help affiliates build an active subscriber list.
Let’s get started!
What is SumoMe?
This is a multi-purpose marketing tool that can help to boost your site’s performance in different ways. Sumo is more than a WordPress plugin. It is a collection of apps that can help you grow a huge base of active subscribers.
The app can also help you to optimize your website or blog achieving huge success and staying ahead of your competitors. With Sumo standalone apps, you can:
- Attract more subscribers
- Increase traffic to your blog or website
- Drive sales and increase conversion rates
- Encourage your online visitors to share your content on social media
Before Sumo got introduced to the world, it helped the company grow its AppSumo Newsletter. Back then, the company was called SumoMe. Over 4 years, the tools helped the company increase its subscribers to 1 million+. Today, the company offers Sumo as a plugin for the following platforms:
- Google Tag Manager
- Magento and others
The tools also work seamlessly with MailChimp, Klavivo, Campaign Monitor and more.
Sumo is an “app store for marketing tools.” The app comes with more than 13 marketing apps. What you ought to know is that the company follows the freemium model. Want to know more about Sumo features?
Want to give your online visitors a reason to subscribe to your newsletter or email list? You need a smart list building app. With this in your arsenal of webmaster tools, you can capture visitors’ emails like a hypnotist. Not only that. You can offer a cool landing page that converts and welcomes first-time visitors with a great impression.
Under the list building category, Sumo has the following features:
- List builder popup – allows you to create stylish pop-ups and email opt-in forms with an email collection field. This opt-in form or pop-up shows 1 second after page load
- List builder popup embedded – allows you to embedded the email opt-in form in your content
- List builder popup with smart mode – triggers the popup with email collection field when visitors hover the address bar
- List builder popup CTA – popup with a call to action button. Shows 1 second after page load
- List builder popup click trigger – popup with email collection field appears after a visitor clicks the button below the first paragraph
- List builder scroll box – this feature triggers a scroll box with email collection field. It loads on user scroll
- List builder scroll box CTA – displays scroll box with a call to action button. Also shows on user scroll
Social sharing apps
Want to share your content or allow your visitors to share your content with their followers across multiple social networks? Sumo social sharing apps can help you with this. Unlike ads, social shares are an organic form of promotion. Generated by the public, social shares can help you reach more online visitors across the world.
Unlike ads, social shares resonate well with users. Simply put, when your posts get shared by your visitors, it has the potential of a domino effect among a new audience. What you need to know is that with Sumo social share buttons, you can choose where to place them on your page.
You can add them to the left side of the window, at the start or end of your article.
On-site analytics apps
Want to know where visitors are clicking on your website or blog? Want to know what devices or country your visitors are from? Sumo On-site analytics apps provide data which can help you optimize your blog to attract more subscribers.
Sumo offers the following on-site analytic apps:
- Google Analytics
- Content Analytics
- Heat Maps
For Google Analytics, the app will mirror data available from your Google Analytics account. When it comes to content analytics, data provided reveals how many people read your content. Data gets displayed as colored scroll maps.
You also have heat maps. They reveal how many of your visitors are clicking your websites and pages visited.
A welcome mat or landing page is a single web page that appears after your visitors click on a search engine optimized search result. It also shows after users click on a marketing promotion or an online ad.
A poorly designed landing page will force the visitor to visit another website. But, a well-designed landing page increases conversion for your email marketing campaigns. This is what Sumo Welcome Mat does for your blog.
These are the features available to you:
- Welcome mat – displays a webpage with email collection field after your site loads
- Welcome mat embedded – displays webpage with an email collection field that you can embed in your articles
- Welcome mat parallax – email opt-in form will show on user scroll in the middle of the content
- Welcome mat CTA – displays landing page with a prominent call to action button
- Welcome mat Video – displays a landing page with a video background
How Sumo can benefit affiliates
As an affiliate marketer, you can run successful email marketing campaigns. As such, you will be able to create an active list of subscribers. Do you know what this means for you? Engaging more than 1,000 subscribers each day will increase traffic to your website. This also means you have the potential of converting visitors into leads.
Second, your email list allows you to create and maintain a relationship with potential customers. How? You can send a discount code or promo code for products you are marketing to your subscribers. This will make them feel important.
Third, using Sumo social share buttons, you can share your content with your followers. Alternatively, your visitors can share your content with their followers. This allows you to grow your audience reach. It also improves brand recognition and engagement.
Fourth, you have on-site analytics apps. These apps provide useful information such as the number of visitors, bounce rates, and devices used to access your website. The information can be available in graphical form or heat maps. This simplifies decision making. Not only can you use the data to improve page load times but also the content available on your blog.
Last, you can re-engage old contacts and segment your email list. According to research, re-engaging old contacts is 50% cheaper compared to converting new visitors into subscribers.
Sumo offers two pricing plans namely:
Each pricing plan is available with month to month subscription and annual subscription. For free users, they have access to the following features:
- Email opt-in forms
- Social media sharing
- Visitor targeting
- Unlimited subscribers
- 10,000 emails a month
- Email campaigns
- Email integrations
- Connect your store
- Discount codes
- 1 on 1 boarding
When it comes to the Pro pricing plan, here is how much it will cost you:
- Month to Month – $49/month
- Yearly – $39 / month ($468 paid annually)
By choosing the yearly plan, you get to save $120 per year. What you ought to know is that Sumo offers 30-day money-back guarantee. As a Pro user, you will get to access the following features plus those offered under the free plan:
- Advanced visitor targeting
- A/B tests
- Remove Sumo branding
- Advanced email integrations
- Ecommerce design templates
- Advanced analytics
Remember, the plan price is for a maximum of 3 sites with 100,000 visitors a month.
Pros and Cons of Sumo
- Has a user-friendly interface
- Easy to setup
- Comes with a flexible design plus a drag and drop editor
- Has a host of useful apps – heat maps, buy button, list builder, and a contact form
- Supports multiple devices – Windows, Android, web, and iOS
- Available for different platforms – WordPress, Shopify, Bigcommerce and others
- Suitable for a small, medium and large business. Also suitable for affiliate marketers
- Training available – documentation, webinars and live online
- The free version has Sumo branding
- Pro plan is costly for sites with fewer visitors
- Analytics needs to be more in-depth
Is Sumo worth the money?
You have to give kudos to the team developing Sumo for having crammed 13 great apps into a single app. If used well, these apps can enhance and transform your website. For starters, they can help bloggers and website owners to attract more visitors.
Also, they can help to convert the visitors into leads. This translates to an increase in sales. As a multi-purpose tool, we’re impressed with what the app could also do. The social share buttons allow your visitors to share your content with their followers. For the email opt-in forms, you can build and run successful email marketing campaigns.
Netting thousands of subscribers is now easy thanks to Sumo. In fact, you can do so without breaking the bank.
All the best,
If you enjoyed this post, you might want to check out these articles as well;
SEMrush for Affiliate Marketers – Is it Worth it?
10 Tips On How To Write A Good Post That Ranks And Converts
Bluehost Review – The Inexpensive Web Hosting Provider for You